Thursday, April 19, 2007

The first week...

My two weeks holiday is finally coming to an end.Besides the fact that i have to get up early once again and rush to get the bus to uni, this also means that, i have 2 group assignments for INFS(foundation of information systems) due on the 2nd week back and one individual business assignment due the following week.

I feel like i have taken this break for granted. Initially, i thought that 2 weeks of holiday was a long time and i was thinking i could get heaps of work then, but now, well lets just put it this way, i did get some work done.

Before the holidays, i planned to go through my economics and statistics notes during the break. I am proud to say that i have indeed gone through them. Today, i decided to do my next economics tute questions, and that was when i realized that i actually couldn't do the questions without having to look at the lecture notes. I mean, if i had gone through my notes thoroughly, like what i assumed i had, i should have been able to answer the questions without having to refer back to the notes. Hence, there's absolutely NOTHING to gloat about for claiming that i have gone through the notes.

Let's do a post-mortem of my holiday, shall we?Well, hmmm...Friday, as in Good Friday..i woke up rather late that morning due to the late night i had the previous day. Frankly, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday were spent going through my work. I had lots to catch up with. Being a morning person, i spent most of my morning going through my work and once afternoon came, it was more of leisure time and once the sun has set( that would be around 6.00pm!), i would just be too lazy to do any work as it gets colder and the bed starts to look so much more inviting than the desk!

I had made plans to meet up with Jess, Alissa and Gerogia on Tuesday to do Statistics. We were at Alissa's place from 9am to 4pm. That should have given us ample of time to complete most of the sections in Stats, but know what? we only got up to 2 pages! yup. The rest of the time, was simply spent on yakking. Before leaving back to Italy, Alissa's grandma had made pasta sauce, so we had pasta for lunch and we had the bread Georgia's dad had baked for Easter. We then went for a walk to Jess's place and had banana muffin there. That just pushed the limit.LOL. We were repleted. So, yeah, that was Tuesday.Oh yeah, people here do not know who MLTR is!! can you believe that?!

I woke up early on Wednesday because i was suppose to go for my weekly swimming with Alissa but unfortunately, Alissa woke up to find that she had lost her voice and so, swimming was canceled. Later in the afternoon, i went with Jess to Uni for our first group discussion on the INFS presentation. It's mainly about the blind using the Internet. I have to say, that first round was indeed fruitful, to me at least, it gave a better idea on what was needed to be done. We had to go back and research on the difference between a website which does not discriminate the blind and one which does.

I woke up at 8am on Thursday and made sure the house was in a good condition, as in, it was not messy and things like that. It was Economics day today and i had invited them over to have the discussion at my aunt's place(i stay with her). Jess came bout 10 past 9am and soon after Georgia turned up. Alissa had to do some last minute shopping for she was leaving to visit her grandparents the next day and so, she arrived at half past 10a. Until she arrived, we were just talking. Well, we didn't get that far anyway with economics when we decided it was time to cook lunch. I cooked them fried rice, and by the time lunch was over, there was absolutely nothing left in the wok!. A simple yet tasty meal( this is not me, self-praising, it's the feed back i got!). Danen was texting with Jess and he happened to be in the city, so we had him over for lunch as well. We then continued chatting(Jess had to leave for work) and i have to say,it's just so very interesting,listening to Danen and Georgia talk. I gain a lot from just listening to their conversations. After Danen left, we finally got to work and we actually finished chapter 6!!!- so much more productive than the Stats discussion.

I had to go back to Uni on Friday for INFS group discussion for both the assignment, as well as the presentation. We are almost done with the presentation. As for the assignment, we now roughly know what we are suppose to have for our kiosk.-that's the project, to come up with a kiosk which enables people to download music, videos and etc. We need to state the hardware and software needed and stuff like that-honestly, i can't wait to be over and done with for this subject!

Saturday and Sunday was rest day. I did get a little of economics done, but that was just it. I was getting excited for my Sydney trip.

So, yeah, that was how i practically spent my first week of holiday. I better go and get some Stats done now and will write more about my Sydney trip in my next entry. Till then....

No comments: